FOR THE DAILY SOUTHERNER
Phi Beta Lambda, Edgecombe Community College’s Business Club, received nine awards at the state leadership conference April 13-14.
Club members attended the 59th annual NCPBL State Leadership Conference in Charlotte. Thirty-eight colleges and universities were present at the conference.
“This was the chapter’s first conference,” says Andrew Woherem, club advisor and business administration instructor. “The students did an incredible job representing the college.” The ECC club won the following awards:
CHAPTER AWARDS/RECRUITMENT RECOGNITION
● Largest Chapter Delegation (Eastern Region, State Leadership Conference)
● First Place – Largest Percentage Increase, Chapter Membership (Eastern Region)
● Second Place – Largest Increase, Chapter Membership (State)
● Third Place – Largest Chapter Membership (Eastern Region)
● First Place – Largest Percent Increase, Chapter Membership (State)
● First Place – Largest Increase, Chapter Membership (Eastern Region)
● André Cooper – 3rd place State Finalist (Public Speaking)
● Brandi Ham – 5th Place State Finalist (Retail Management Test)
● Canan Williams & Walter Johnson – Third Place State Finalist (Business Ethics Case Study)
“A number of faculty and staff went above and beyond to support this club,” Woherem adds. “Many thanks for all of the assistance, guidance, and encouragement provided to these amazing students along the way.”