Editor and Publisher
John H. Walker
A brief agenda faces members of the Tarboro Town Council as it holds the last regularly scheduled meeting of the year at 7 p.m. Monday in Council Chambers at Town Hall.
Items on the agenda include:
• A public hearing on the application for a Certificate of Convenience and Necessity to operate taxicabs in the town limits in 2013. The application was made by Frank Jenkins, owner of Checker Cab Co., Inc. and is for the operation of four vehicles.
• The planning board will make a recommendation that council consider a text amendment to the unified development ordinance to repeal the title and text of existing Section 327 and amend Article IX, Part I (Zoning Districts) to add “Conditional Zoning Districts” as new Section 139.
• Certify a total of 32 firemen to the North Carolina Fireman’s and Rescue Squad Workers Pension Fund in accordance with GS 58-86-25. The 32 firemen to be certified completed the required 36 hours of training during the previous 12 months.
• Consider the Checker Cab application for a certificate of convenience and necessity.
• Consider the removal of controlled residential parking areas adjacent to the former Runnymeade Mills. Affected streets would be First from Fountain to Runnymeade. Hall from Runnymeade to Fountain and Runnymeade from Hall to Pearl.
• Consider a petition presented by Educational Capital Solutions, LLC, owners of the property formerly occupied by the Mary Frances Center and the future site of North East Carolina Prep School, to annex the property into the town limits. The affected area comprises 52.31 acres.
• Review the 2011-2012 FY Comprehensive Annual Financial Report prepared by the town finance director and audited by Flowers and Stanley, LLP, CPAs.
• Make an appointment to fill a vacancy on the Historic District Commission.
The next regularly scheduled meeting will be Monday, Jan. 7, 2013.