Residential break-ins are continuing to pile up on Tarboro police detectives as they continue to happen throughout Tarboro. There have been nine break-ins reported since the last week of November, with six in the Historic District.
The six in the Historic District have raised some eyebrows and strong concerns from homeowners in that area. Some of the citizens are concerned to even leave their homes.
According to Tarboro Police Department spokesman Sgt. Al Braxton, another break-in happened Wednesday when the suspect(s) hit a house on St. Patrick Street. This time, the homeowner was gone from his residence for only about two hours.
The homeowner contacted police around 12:45 p.m. and told them his home had been broken into. He told police he left around 10:45 a.m. and returned around 12:45 p.m. The homeowner determined the suspect(s) had gotten away with a lock box, but little did they know, the lock box didn't contain anything of value.
For the complete story, see today's print edition of The Daily Telegraph.