By CALVIN ADKINS
THE DAILY SOUTHERNER
The Tarboro Police arrested a teenager at his home on several drug charges Tuesday.
According to a press release issued by the TPD, officers went to 206 E. Baker St. and arrested 17-year old Christopher Lane Stalls after finding drugs and paraphernalia used to make cocaine.
Stalls was charged with manufacture cocaine, possession with intent to sell and deliver cocaine, felony possession of cocaine, maintain place for the sale of controlled substance, possession of marijuana, and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was placed in Edgecombe County Jail under a $5,000 secured bond.
On the same day, officers arrested Christopher McKenzie Pettaway, 22, 1201 MLK Jr. Dr., Tarboro. Officers arrived at a location to serve a warrant on a different subject who was in the same vicinity as Pettaway. According to the police report, Pettaway ran.
Pettaway was apprehended and charged with possession with intent to sell and deliver marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, and resisting a public officer. He was placed in Edgecombe County Detention Center under a $1,000 unsecured bond.
Other arrests made by the Tarboro police department this week include;
• Eduardo Garcia-Cruz, 40, 772 Antioch Rd. Goldsboro; driving while impaired, driving with a revoked license, and possessing an open container while driving.
• Laquell Jamal Black, 26, 1004 Bradley Ave. Tarboro; speeding to elude arrest, reckless driving, speeding 90 mph in a 45 mph zone, and resisting a public officer.
Arrests made by the Edgecombe County Sheriff Department include;
• Rodriquez Gonzales Martin, 43, Lot 51, The Oaks Rocky Mount; no operating license.
• Christopher Atlas Turner, 5341 Bullock School Rd., Rocky Mount; assault on a female.
• Drucilla Ellen Cofield, 19, 134, Brow Towner Lane, Rocky Mount; two counts of criminal damage to property.
• Latasha Garrett, 37, 70 Windcrest Rd. Rocky Mount; extortion.
• Clyde Joseph Smith, 53, 119 Syble Lane, Battlesboro; failure to appear.
• Jack Sashanonck Hargrove, 37, 4284 Anchor Court, Rocky Mount; breaking and entering, larceny after breaking and entering, burglary forcible entry.
• Michael Jones, 31, 118, Bumpy Lane, Tarboro: larceny by employee.
• Michael Wayne Johnson, 0, 815, Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, Tarboro; obtaining property by false pretense, conspiracy to obtain property by false pretense.
• Vickie Barker Bass, 55, 6060 Hwy. 11 S. Macclesfield; forgery and uttering.
• Olivaris Alonzo Rogelo Jr., 141 S. Shiloh Farm Rd., Tarboro; felony aid and abet, contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile.