FOR THE DAILY SOUTHERNER
Princeville Elementary School will have its Media Center open for checkout each Wednesday from 11 a.m. until 5 p.m. All students are welcome to come by and check out a couple of books and return them the following Wednesday. Princeville Elementary is located at 306 Walston St.
Princeville Elementary would also like to advise parents of the dress code for the upcoming school year.
• Pants/Shorts/Skorts: Navy and khaki colors only. Only uniform pants and shorts are acceptable. Shorts must be long or knee length and no cargo style pants or jogging pants will be allowed.
• Jumpers and skirts for girls: Solid navy and khaki colors only (no plaids). Skirts must extend below the fingertip reach when the student is standing unless worn with leggings or tights.
• Dresses: Polo style only. (Same colors as shirts)
• Leggings: Navy, white and khaki colors only can be worn under a skirt or dress. • Shirts: Polo style shirts & oxford, button-up shirts only. Colors: red, white, and navy. • Sweaters & light-weight jackets: navy, white & red only. (This does not include heavy outer coats.) No emblems can be affixed to the jackets.
• Hooded sweatshirts: May be worn as an outer garment but will not be allowed to be worn inside.
• Turtlenecks can be worn underneath the polo shirt, but it must be same color as the polo.
• Black belts must be worn at all times; shirttails must be tucked in at all times. • Shoes: Solid black or brown. No sandals, flip-flops or open-toe shoes.
• Hairstyles: All students are expected to refrain from hairstyles that may cause a disruption during the instructional day.
• Large dangling earrings and excessive jewelry are not allowed.